Problem of induction hardening of spherical surfaces
A.N. Protsenko, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate professor, department Ph.D., Associate Professor of «Power supply of plant», Samara State Technical University. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper considers one of the variants of a constructive problem’s solution and the mathematical model design of the induction hardening process of the spherical surface. The induction heat treatment process is used for items of various and quite often of very complicated shape. One of the main objectives of the inductors design is to increase, as much as possible, the effectiveness of induction process, and decrease the inductor energy consumption. The main technological requirement in the operation of induction hardening is to ensure uniformity of the temperature distribution on the surface of the workpiece. An important aspect in the inductor design process is the choice of the conductor’s form and the air gap between the inductor and the surface of the heated product A software package Flux has been used to solve the problem of the induction hardening, designed for multi parametric of electromagnetic and thermal analysis. As a result, the magnetic field distribution, as well as the temperature distribution within the workpiece has been obtained.
induction hardening, uniform temperature distribution, three-dimensional model, the azimuth inductor
1. Slukhotskiy A.E. Induktory [Inductors ]. Mashinostroenie Publ., Leningradskoe otdelenie, 1989, 69 р.
2. Nemkov V.S., Demidovich V.B. Teoriya i raschet ustroystv induktsionnogo nagreva [Theory and calculation of the induction heating devices]. Leningrad, Energoatomizdat, 1988, 280 р.
3. Sidorenko V.D. Primenenie induktsionnogo nagreva v mashinostroenii [Application of the induction heating in mechanical engineering]. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1980, 231 р.
4. Frizen V.E. Modelirovanie induktsionnogo nagreva s pomoshch'yu programmy Elcut 4.2T. Metodicheskie ukazaniya k vypolneniyu kursovoy raboty po distsipline Metody rascheta elektromagnitnykh i teplovykh poley [Modelling of the induction heating using Elcut 4.2T. Methodological guidelines for the course work on the discipline: “Methods for calculation of electromagnetic and thermal fields”]. Ekaterinburg: GOU VPO UGTU - UPI, 2005.
5. Sharapova O.Yu. Chislennoe modelirovanie protsessa periodicheskogo induktsionnogo nagreva na baze konechno-elementnogo programmnogo paketa FLUX [Numerical simulation of the periodic induction heating process based on the finite element software package FLUX]. Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Tekhnicheskie nauki, 2011, is. 7 (28), рр. 180 – 185. [In Russ.].
6. Baake E., Blinov K., Korshikov S., Sharapova O. Numerical simulation of multi-physics dynamic processes in induction heating systems granted by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Problemy upravleniya i modelirovaniya v slozhnykh sistemakh: Trudy XII mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii (21-23 iyunya 2010 g., Samara, Rossiya) [Issues on control and modeling in complex systems. Materials of the XII International Conference. June 21-23, 2010, Samara, Russia]. Samara: Samarskiy NTs RAN, 2010, pp. 88 – 92.